Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thursday after Ash Wednesday


I was wondering what I would find to photograph the Thursday after Ash Wednesday, as heavy rain and fog were predicted most of the day. Going out to my car to leave for an early morning meeting, I saw hard frost (and it WAS hard, I tried to scratch it with my gloved hand and didn't make a dent). Getting into the car, I saw the sun through the frost...and realized that God had given me a "photo op" to start the day.

One of the benefits I think I am already getting from this exercise is being more aware of the opportunities and the beauty all around me. Ironically, later on Thursday I was reminded how UNaware I can be; I got home in pouring rain and ran for the house, not noticing that in grabbing the car keys, I had activated the remote for my husband's car...and lowered the windows. Oops. I didn't know I could do THAT...and I sure wished I hadn't.

So, the lessons of Lent begin (obvious as they are, I clearly need reminding!).

No comments:

Post a Comment