Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday of the fifth week of Lent

It was a frosty morning. I knew I'd stopped at the right place for the morning even before I parked the car at Herrick Lake. I had real difficulty deciding which of three photos to use today, but this set of reflected branches won. It is also the wallpaper on my computer now, replacing the frosty windshield from the first week of Lent.

As I walked around on frost-crunchy grass this morning, I thought about what a blessing it is that this Lent, my discipline is to do something that is healing for me. Spending five or ten minutes out in nature - taking just a little time out - is such a gift! I've had a number of Lents where my penance was certainly not something I would have chosen - like last year, when I got to spend the first half of Lent with my arm in a cast. This is MUCH MUCH better...

No comments:

Post a Comment