Saturday, February 28, 2009

Peace and good!

As part of my Lenten discipline this year, I have decided to take the plunge and start a blog. As a Secular Franciscan, I am to go from Gospel to Life and from Life to the Gospel (SFO Rule, article 4). This lends itself to musings on recognizing God's presence in the ordinary events of my life.

During Lent, this will primarily be a series of photos with some explanation of how I came to take them, as my spiritual director and I decided that a good practice for me would be photographing something on a daily basis. After the first four days of Lent, I realized that I wanted to record not only the photos, but the circumstances in which they were taken. So...here I am.

I've mentioned that I am a Secular Franciscan. I am an adult convert to the Catholic Church, having grown up a United Methodist. I became a Catholic at the Easter Vigil in 1982, shortly before my 24th birthday. Three years later, I was professed in the Secular Franciscan Order.

By profession I'm a software engineer and tester. I've worked for the same large telecommunications equipment company through multiple name changes for almost 29 years.

Not particularly coincidentally, I've also been married for 29 years - Dave and I set the date of our wedding based on the time available between graduating from college and when I had to start work. Our family has included one wonderful dog, Annie, and a total of five cats so far. Kitty, Clyde, Kelly, and Trouble have joined their dog "mother" in pet heaven; Krissy currently is happy to be an only cat.

As time permits in the next few days, I'll start posting more regularly. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment