Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday of the first week of Lent


This morning really seems like spring - it was about 50 and foggy when I went out for my first morning "coffee walk" of the year (been too cold and snowy to walk down to Limestone Coffee & Tea since December). I really wanted a nice walk since yesterday was 12 hours of work and not much else - so my Lenten project lost a day. (I knew it would happen sooner or later...) I had just taken a photo of a duck on the retention pond near the house when it decided to take off - so I missed that but got this.

By the time I came back, most of the fog had burned off and the magic was gone. I love the early mornings when the birds are singing - the plants are waiting for more consistently warm weather yet, but the birds think it's spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment