Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday of the second week of Lent

Today was another day of rain and gloom. There was some light in the sky to the west as I left work; I finally found a spot that showed a little light with fewer power lines and other items at the old Eola Rd. entrance to Fermilab. Then the rain closed in the rest of the way. On the other hand, the buds are getting bigger on the trees (but it's good they haven't leafed out yet; tomorrow night it's supposed to be 12 degrees).

The brightest spot for today was seeing someone I last worked with 18 years ago, who will be becoming a Catholic at the Easter Vigil. I'm planning to go into Chicago for his Baptism. What a special, wonderful occasion that will be! I feel as though maybe that's part of why I haven't rejoined the choir this year; instead of being committed to singing at our church, I can be part of another special, unrepeatable celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment