Sunday, March 1, 2009

Friday after Ash Wednesday


As you might expect from the big "oops" in my last post, Friday was not the best day on record. We spent time getting the wet car cleaned up (hopefully all has been successful). I had a lot of work to do, too, and the weather wasn't exactly conducive to being out and about.

Midafternoon, when the sun was at least out a little, I took a break and took the vegetable trimmings out to the compost heap - a job I don't enjoy doing and postpone as long as possible (which, in the winter, is quite a while). I took my camera out with me to see what there was to see. The frozen birdbath attracted me.

I tried several pictures to see if I could shade more of the birdbath so you could see through the ice to the leaves better; this was the best one. In a sense, I'm in the picture, since I'm shading the part you can see through.

One of my other Lenten intentions was to go to Friday afternoon Mass. I didn't make it. I think I should try to do the things I want to do "extra" earlier in the day, so work, meal preparation, being tired, etc., doesn't get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment