Friday, March 13, 2009

Thursday of the second week of Lent

Thursday mornings are tough for me. We have our weekly team meeting at 8AM Thursday (to accommodate, as much as possible, our teammates in Bangalore) and I usually want to be in the office by 7:30 or a little after in order to get coffee and get organized. Yesterday, though, I changed my route to work to go by a "photo op" - Herrick Lake. Perhaps more important than getting a photo or two (though I like this one a lot) was hearing a woodpecker hammering on a tree...and seeing my first robin of the season, chirping on a tree outside the parking garage when I got to work. It was bitterly cold, but there were still signs of spring.

I am starting to find fault with my "process" for this Lenten project. 5 minutes and a couple of photos a day? That isn't much "work" - and I'm not exactly going outside my "comfort zone" photographically (visit www.klickfamily.com/vickie to see what I mean). Admittedly, with the amount I've been working lately, it's an effort to do this much on a daily basis. The daily (or most days) part is the discipline, the challenge. If I weren't doing this project, I would have missed all this beauty that is available on a daily basis.

It's supposed to get up to 45 degrees today, and it's sunny. I need to get out for a walk...and prepare for my actual Friday post.

No comments:

Post a Comment