Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday of the first week of Lent

What a different day today! It was warmer (mid-40s) and sunny - a nice day for a real walk outside, without needing to be completely bundled up. But, as you can see, the ice is still hanging on - today's view is from the edge of the Fox River near my home. What I didn't include (yet) are the other signs of spring I saw: more geese, more ducks, a few walking on the ice in the backwaters, but mostly swimming, splashing, and interacting with each other. There were human signs of spring, too: a family with fishing poles, including a playful puppy.

One thing I thought about on my walk is how often I get wrapped up in my own thoughts, even when my stated goal is to be more aware of the gift of the world around me. It's hard to stop the internal monologue and just pay attention...

No comments:

Post a Comment