Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day at the Q

Today was almost certainly the day with the biggest attendance here, with a number of local folks taking advantage of the holiday to attend without missing work. Seraphic chaos was the order of the morning - with 600 people to get in place, it was inevitable. However, we recovered the time this afternoon and were able to enjoy our small group sharing.

Sr. Ilia's presentations were very good, though theology after lunch was certainly an uphill battle! The images that were most important to me were: (1) The command to "rebuild my church, which...is falling into ruin" starts with the church of ourselves - we need healing and rebuilding; (2) the Incarnation is God's involved goodness - God is not somewhere far-off watching us make mistakes, but is close by to run to us whenever we turn to Him.

Once again, I am aware that my calling - our calling - is to know in my heart how much God loves me, and to allow that knowledge to drive everything I do and am.

No comments:

Post a Comment