Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holy Thursday


I had decided where I would stop on my way to work...but traffic changed my mind. As soon as I got out of my car and started walking down one of the trails at Blackwell, I knew it was a good choice. Never mind photography, it was just good to walk in nature and listen to the birds (at least until the noise of the aforementioned traffic started drowning them out!). You have to look a bit closer at this photo, but the tree is covered with big buds. Most trees and shrubs still look pretty lifeless at a distance, but there's a lot going on!

This Lent has reminded me how much being out in nature "restores my soul". It also has helped me see that getting out in nature isn't something I need to reserve for special occasions (vacations or day trips) but rather, something I can fit in to 15 minutes or a half hour to going to and from work. What a blessing!

It's just about time to go to the Mass of the Lord's Supper. A friend who is being baptized at the Easter Vigil had his feet washed by Cardinal George earlier this evening! What a prelude to the sacraments...

No comments:

Post a Comment